You can access Privacy Settings by tapping on the ☰ icon from the upper left-hand corner of the Speedify Dashboard. This will bring up the General Settings screen, where you will find Privacy listed.
- Auto — Speedify’s DNS server will automatically handle your DNS for maximum speed and privacy
- Quad9 — Internet and privacy centric DNS provider.
- CloudFlare — the new privacy-first DNS service
- OpenDNS — DNS service with built-in phishing protection
- AdGuard — a DNS service with a built-in ad blocker. Websites that serve ads can’t be looked up, leading to fewer ads in web pages.
- Custom — a DNS server of your choice by IP address.
DNS Leak Protection
Protects you from "DNS leaks", where DNS requests could go around Speedify and reveal your actual location to sites you visit.
Protects from "IP Leaks", where IP requests could go around Speedify and reveal your real location to sites you visit.
NOTE: this feature has been removed from the MacOS and iOS versions of the app starting with Speedify 12.5.
Internet Kill Switch
Speedify Internet Kill Switch can prevent your sensitive data from going without encryption if Speedify cannot connect to the speed servers. By default, the Internet Kill Switch is disabled. If Speedify is disconnected and the Kill Switch is enabled, your computer will have no Internet access. Currently, macOS that is not using Speedify from the Apple App store, Ubuntu, Raspberry Pi, or Speedify in Linux does not have a Kill Switch function.