Self Hosting Dedicated Speed Servers
It is possible for enterprises to host their own Dedicated Speed Servers.
This can be useful allowing team members access to resources on your own network. It can also be used to host services like AWS or Azure, allowing the server to access resources privately hosted under your account.
A self hosted server still uses the Speedify Directory service to control logins and only allows access from members of your Speedify for Teams group.
There are a number of requirements for the host:
- Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04, 64-bit
- Minimum Hardware Requirements: 4GB RAM, two cores, 40GB disk space
- Network Configuration:
- public IP address. or two public IP addresses to support clients running Android 4.4 (recent versions of the Speedify client no longer support Android 4.4)
- The firewall must allow INCOMING connections to ports 22/tcp, 443/tcp, 443/udp, 632/tcp, 49152-65535/udp and 49152-65535/tcp
- The firewall must allow OUTGOING connections to ports 80/tcp, 443/tcp, 443/udp, 8080/tcp, 3000/tcp, 3001/tcp, 3002/tcp, 3200/tcp, 49152-65535/udp and 49152-65535/tcp, and anything that your users might need (as this server will be a VPN endpoint, passing all your users' application traffic). It may be easiest to allow all outgoing traffic.
The Speedify DevOps team will monitor the server and apply software updates when required.