How do I fix Error: "Speedify is not running"?
If the Speedify user interface shows the message "Speedify is not running" or a constant spinner, this means that the Speedify UI is not able to communicate with the Speedify background/daemon process. This problem can occur for a few reasons:
- The Speedify background process did not start or is crashing
- Something is blocking the communication between the UI and background process
- Windows Server only: If you are running Speedify on Windows Server, you need to install the Wireless LAN feature in order for Speedify to run.
- Open the Windows task manager and go to the Services tab. Check that the Speedify Service is enabled and running. If it is not running, right-click and choose Start Service.
- Check the list of all running processes for speedify.exe or speedify64.exe (this is the background process). On Windows 7, make sure to check "Show processes from all users." If the speedify.exe process is not present, then it might be crashing. From the Speedify UI, go to the Help menu (indicated by a ? icon in the upper right-hand corner) and click Generate Logs. This will create a zip file on your desktop that you can send to [email protected] for more assistance.
- Check any third-party antivirus, firewall, or security software to make sure it is not blocking Speedify.
- Adaware is one program known to cause a conflict. Even shutting off all settings and components within the Adaware settings will not allow Speedify to work. The Adaware service process needs to be stopped to allow communication. To fix this problem, modify Adaware with the following steps. Please note: Adaware Web Protection will be unavailable after renaming the dll, but it will allow Speedify to function correctly.
- Stop Ad-Aware service.
- Go to c:\Windows\System32\.
- Find httproxy.dll file and rename it.
- Restart Adaware service.
- Try closing the Speedify application from the Speedify notification icon on the top menu bar. Click and choose Quit. Try opening the Speedify app again. If you continue to see problems, go to the Help menu (indicated by a ? icon in the upper right-hand corner) and click Generate Logs. This will create a zip file on your desktop that you can send to [email protected] for more assistance.
- Check any third-party antivirus, firewall, or security software to make sure it is not blocking Speedify